Required forms must be filled out completely:
Click here to read the regulation:
201 KAR 23:0152
- Non-Clinical permits are for LSW or CSW who will not be performing clinical social work activities as part of their social work practice setting.
- Clinical Permits are for a CSW who will be performing clinical social work activities as part of their social work practice setting.
- A CSW worker practicing clinical social work under a temporary permit shall be under the supervision of a LCSW who qualifies to provide supervision (pre-approved supervisor).
- Clinical Work Definition: 201 KAR 23:070 section 1 (2); practice of social work that focuses on the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of an emotional disorder and mental illness as related to the total health of the individual and that meets the requirements of section 2 of the administrative regulation (Link to KAR).
- Temporary permit shall not extend for more than 240 days or eight months after the temporary permit was approved – IT CANNOT BE RENEWED OR EXTENDED.
- Licensed supervisor shall not serve as the supervisor for more than two (2) persons holding a temporary permit at any one (1) time Supervision during the period of temporary practice shall be a minimum of one (1) hour of individual, face-to-face supervision per week.
- You can only apply for a temporary permit, if you have been approved to take your ASWB exam;
- You must have an approved application on file with your official transcript showing your degree awarded;
- You must send in a completed request for temporary permit form; (it can be found above or on the forms tab)
- You must be employed and send in a signed job description; and
- You must be in supervision with a licensed social worker (CSW or LCSW) as your supervisor
Yes; just ensure you have all required documents attached for both the application and the temporary permit.